NIGHTS IN RODANTHE


I've watched this movie recently with some of my friends. And I don't know why but I do like this movie. Actually,, romance and drama is not my type of my movie which I want to watch, but I just watched it. I did this in Blitz Megaplex. I did beacuse this movie was the only one which is make me interesting, better than the other and It suit me (the time, i meant). Here is the review of the movie :

Adapted by Ann Peacock and John Romano from the Nicholas Sparks novel and directed by George C. Wolfe (the former producer of the Public Theater, who fared better with his HBO movie “Lackawanna Blues”), “Nights in Rodanthe” revolves around the unhappily married Adrienne (Ms. Lane), who leaves her two nauseating children with her husband to baby-sit a North Carolina coastal inn owned by a friend (Ms. Davis), who has gone off for weekend sex with a muscled bit player. A hurricane is a-coming and so is Paul (Mr. Gere), one of those lonely Jaguar-driving geniuses of the operating room. The hurricane hits, and the shutters bang open and shut, which would be funnier if this film didn’t insist that the only road to a woman’s happiness runs up her legs.

You know the rest: trembling lips, delicate lovemaking, pop-song montage. Ms. Lane and Mr. Gere smile bravely and fumble like teenagers but are defeated by the scripted clichés and lack of focused direction. Mr. Wolfe seems as uncomfortable with the material as his leads are, though it’s impossible to know if he’s uninterested in this romance or whether his disjointed storytelling is a result of post-production triage.

Btw, I've also read the book. the story is ssoooo kind of romantic. It also a little vulgar btw,, hehehe.. Btw, click here for the trailer.

-auReL-

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: