OSPEK

As a new student college at Tarumanegara University, we had to came there and attended a program called

SOU "The Spirit of Untarian"
This program was not refer to a "plonco". It really was just an events with the aim of introduction of new students college with their campus, senior and also their friends. It was held on 9-12 August, 2010. It was actually just held for three days, not four days because on August 11, 2010 was a holiday for most of muslim.

On the first day, we had no idea what to do. We just became panic and guessed what we would gonna do. We had to went to campus at 6.30 A.M (GOD!! I was really still sleepy!!). We gathered at Engineering Faculty's Building. I met Beatrice first. And then Anne, Andre, Sange, Elwin, Aldo, Marcus and Nadira. We're all from the same high school, Saint Theresia and also "will be" (or "are going to") in the same department, Architecture. First, we all had to make a group consist of 20 students college. I was actually in the same group with Anne and friends but unluckily, one of the seniors took me to make a new group. So, I became seperated from them. Then we did the opening ceremony of new students. Then, We (my group) join a parade. We had to walk from Campus 1 University of Tarumanegara to the round road near Mall Taman Anggrek then headed back to the Campus 2 (It was located across the Campus 1). Then we took a rest time a little bit coz it was really kind of tiring walk. We also watched shows like band and fashion show. It was held to celebrate Indonesian's Birthday (early). There, we also knew that our PIC was really REALLY funny and kind. He laughed all the time and treated his juniors well. His name is Gory and he was at Engine Department.
Btw, We also have a new friend! Her name is Raissa. She was from Papua! It was really surprising since she was so white and all! You'll never think that she was from there. Haha. She was in the same department as me and Anne. She is going to be in the same class as Anne.

On the second day, We just had to SAT all daaayyyy... Arghhhh.. it could make your buttocks sore. xP
We (all the new students college from Engineering Faculty) were gathered at Building M on 8th floor. Notes : We HAD TO get there using the stairs! We were not allowed to using the elevator). Then, we had to pay attention to a seminar hosted by Mr. Agus. It was about :

"Communication on Campus"

3 Elements in the " delivery of messages " on Campus :
1. Pronunciation (7%) : words and sentences
2. Phonetics (38%) : voice accent
3. Vision (55%) : the purpose or the point

Ways to communicate on Campus :
- Gesture : window of feelings
- Parlance : volume, tempo and tone (intonation)
- Diction
- Oral Language (verbal)
et cetera... etc.. etc..

And then we watched Mr. Doddy (he is going to be one of my dosen - lecturer). He played guitar and sang couple of songs. Like Old Javanese Song. And the most interesting song : Indomie Commercial Song! Haha.. We all then sang along with him. He also told us the rules of "ospek" in the past :
1. Seniors are always right
2. If seniors do something wrong, you will have to look at the first rules.
But today's rules (he said this) :
1. Juniors have to know their the seniors
2. Seniors don't have to know their juniors.

It was really true. Haha. And it was right. I agree with it. ^^

Then we also watch out dean (dekan campus of Engineering Faculty), Mr. Danang to do one song. The song was : Hotel California by Eagles. While He sang that song, he made the volunteer students to do the background dance. They had to act like a ghost! Haha. It was kind of fun. The most surprising thing on this day was that the seniors suddenly acted berserk? No.. no. They just suddenly snapped us! Eventually I knew that it was just one of the programs called "Shock Therapy". It was held with the aim of making the student's mental stronger. (Or It was just about them want to know who broke the laws and was a crybaby) In this program, I heard one of the female students cried!! OMG! She was really a crybaby and spoiled child.

At the end of the day, we were given a task. We had to make a Love Letter to one of our seniors. We had to make it rag and embarassing. We were kind of afraid that on the next day they would choose the most embarrasing one and had to read it in front of everyone. Soo, I made it inconspicuous as I could. Actually, all I had to do just googled "Love Letter" and then wrote it on a paper.
Here is my love letter :


For : Abang Wira (He is the chief of IMARTA)

I can be myself when I'm with you.You make me feel like I've never felt before. So, It's very important for me to tell you how much you meant to me. But since we're separated, this expression must come in the form of letters such as this.

By thinking of you, My heart is full of wonderful feelings. You really can bring the best of me. You simply are irresistable. (==") makes you mean everything . The best of it, you have taught me the feeling of falling in love.

A world without you is like a puzzle which is flawed. Lost the precious pieces. Never complete. Because, nothing can replace you. I don't know the reason I've been born. But it's not a problem. Because I'm proud of my feeling. The feeling of you in my heart.

Love,

(my signature)
Aurelia



And then on the last day, we spent time with our department. Architecture. We were introduced to the organizations contained in the major (department) of Architecture. I was really interested in Imarta (Ikatan Mahasiswa Arsitektur Tarumanegara) and Sketsa. Sketsa was like a journalistic group. They made a book contain of all the things about architecture. I bought two books of them. First one is a book contain of the best of final projects by the last graduated student. The newest one. And the second is the same about but the previous edition. It cost me IDR 225.000.. Means : I'm broke now! We also learn two new songs made by the seniors.
The first one was :

"ARSITEK SUPER"

Rasa deg-degan di dadaku
Saat kutatap paras wajah seniorku
Aku berbisik dalam hati
Mungkinkah ini yang terjadi sesungguhnya

Langkah gontai, kaki menyusuri
Acara SOU Arsitektur
Oh Betapa kerennya
Oh Betapa asiknya
Aku bisa masuk arsitektur

Akupun bersorak, "HEI!"
Loncat kegirangan
Tapi Oh.. ternyata..
Ku harus bergadang
Kiranya kumimpi
Uhhhh... Sebel!
Jadi arsitek super semalam


This song was also performed by 20 representatives of Department of Architecture at the parents meeting on August 13, 2010.
And the second one is :

"MELEK TIAP MALAM"

Pagi-pagi ke arsitek Untar
Aku merasa deg-degan
Ternyata harus gambar semalaman
Ku harus tetap semangat

Melek tiap malam
Oh.. Indahnyaa..
Melek tiap malam
Buatku melayang
Walau tiap malam
Akan slalu kukenang
Dalam hidupku

Melek tiap malam
Oh.. Indahnyaa..
Melek tiap malam
Buatku melayang
Walau tiap malam
Akan slalu kukenang
Selama-lamanya


THE END!! The ospek was done! And we are going to attend our class on August 16, 2010. I'm officially a student college now!! Haha..
It was really exciting and I can't wait to attend the class!!
Wish me luck! I really am going to do my best at university! Harder than when I was still in high school. ^^
Good luck for you guys!!

-auReL-

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Alexandra Ariane Nadia said...

welcome in college's life!