CENTER STAGE : TURN IT UP



I really liked this movie. It was really cute. The actors were good, the dance scenes were awesome. 
I didn't really expect much, but after watching this it made me feel really good inside. Rachele Brooke Smith and Kenny Wormald
were great. They're really talented and they're both hot. They have this chemistry, and I fell in love with both of them. This movie is kinda different from the other dance movies like step-up and make it happen coz it focuses mainly on ballet dancing. BUT, it doesn't mean that this movie is boring.. absolutely NOT. People usually think that ballet dancing is kinda boring and so unenjoyable. Honestly, I used to think like that. but after I watch this movie, I do find ballet is something interesting too.. 

btw, here is the review of the movie :
All self-taught dancer Kate Parker (played by Rachele Brooke Smith) has ever wanted to do was perform with the American Academy of Ballet. She leaves her hometown of Detroit headed for New York but finds herself competing against dancers like prodigy Suzanne Von Stroh (Sarah Jayne Jensen) who has been trained in ballet all her life. When Kate doesn't succeed at the audition, she learns that it takes more than precision to succeed in the dance world. With a turn in a cutting-edge hip-hop club and the help of Tommy Anderson (Kenny Wormald), a good looking former hockey player turned dancer, she may just find the passion she needs to make her dreams come true. 
 
I think the best part of the scene of course the dance part. but, the other best scene is when they all did an audition. When Tommy supposed to choose Suzanne for dance partner, he took Kate instead of her. Really, then they two dancing together in front of the teachers of the academy. And they performed really good. And still in audition, when Suzanne were being asked about her ballet lesson, she said " When my father knew about my talent, he put me in Ballet dancer as soon as he could. So I've learned ballet since I was 3 years old." But, when Kate were being asked the same question, she said "No. I've never had a ballet lesson. I just learned it from my mother's tape. A video of ballet dancing." And the teachers just couldn't close their mouth. Felt she was amazing!! Wkwkwk.. what a great audition. That's all I can say.

A really have to watch movie!! For trailer, click here

-auReL-

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: